If you are a recruiter, please refer to the Recruiter Terms of Service, which you accept by using the Platforms as a recruiter. This can be accessed at www.AHASA.org/recruiter-terms.
About the AHASA Job Board
AHASA Job Board is a division of the Allied Healthcare Sociation of South Africa (AHASA), a Section 18A Non-Profit registered in South Africa with the company registration number. “AHASA Job Board” is referred to as “AHASA”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
Use of the Site
The AHASA website, mobile application and social media platforms (“Platforms”) offer services and information to jobseekers looking for employment as well as career advice. AHASA offers services to employers to market open positions to jobseekers and to find suitable candidates by searching their individual AHASA Candidate Database.
By signing up with AHASA or utilising any of AHASA’s Platforms you may be required to create a profile in order to apply for advertised jobs. It is your responsibility to ensure that your profile is accurate and up to date and that you do not misrepresent yourself, either through false information on your profile or through omission. AHASA is not responsible for the accuracy of your profile or any vacancies posted on our Platforms.
When you create a profile with AHASA or use any of our Platforms you will be added to our CV Database for the purpose of employers “headhunting” you for suitable roles. Your profile consists of the information you provide us, your contact and personal information, documents such as your CV that you submit, your last activity date and application history available to employers whose roles you have applied for.
We may enhance your Profile by using publicly available data obtained from third parties. Such additional information may include links to any social media sites used by us in enhancing the Profile. In such circumstances, we do not vet or verify the accuracy, correctness and completeness of such data used to enhance the Profile and no guarantee is given that any enhancements to the Profile will be error free or ultimately achieve any enhancement to the Profile and it is your responsibility to verify the accuracy of such information.
You will automatically be visible in the CV Database to AHASA Members who you have applied to or corresponded with. Your profile will only be visible to AHASA Employment Agencies (Members) acting on behalf of employers.
When you choose to create a profile with AHASA we will keep your CV and profile on record until you request that we delete your profile from the CV Database.
When you create a profile with AHASA or use any of our Platforms we will send you emails of new jobs that match your profile so that you can be informed of new opportunities. You can unsubscribe from these alerts based on your profile by following the email unsubscribe options or by contacting AHASA.
When you apply for a job advertised on our Platforms, you give AHASA permission to transfer your profile information to the Employment Agency (AHASA Member) advertising the role.
AHASA does not guarantee the accuracy or availability of a job advertised on our Platforms, and while we make reasonable efforts to vet adverts placed on the site, we cannot guarantee that every job represents an actual job vacancy. AHASA does not guarantee that when applying for a vacancy you will be considered for the role. It is the discretion of the AHASA Member advertising the vacancy which applicants will be considered.
By using our Platforms you agree that we may use your information for statistical reporting and research, including industry trends reports in an anonymised and aggregated format.
You acknowledge and agree that the Platforms are solely intended for vacancies that are marketed to jobseekers based in the Republic of South Africa and that the Platforms are not compliant with any other data privacy laws, other than those applicable to the Republic of South Africa
Your Personal Information
AHASA and its Members take the privacy of our jobseekers seriously and take every precaution to ensure that the Personal Information you provide us is used for its intended purpose.
As a jobseeker using our Platforms you are required to create a profile and optionally upload your CV and other supporting documents and contact information to help you find a job. By doing so, you are providing AHASA with Personal Information and Special Personal Information that can identify you. This information can be in the form of (but not limited to) your name, email address, cell phone number, telephone number, identity number, address, employment & educational history and your CV.
Accuracy of Personal Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information on your profile, CV, supporting documentation and cover letters is accurate and a truthful representation of your employment and work history. You may not create profiles, use the Platform or share Personal Information on behalf of another person. AHASA will not be held responsible for jobseeker profiles that are inaccurate or make false claims. Where required by law, AHASA will share fraudulent profiles with the relevant government and legal organisations.
How we collect your Personal Information
We collect and use your Personal Information in accordance with these Terms. The majority of the Personal Information you provide to us is in the form of your CV document, online profile or on cover letters that you create when you apply for a job on our Platforms.
NOTE: If you do not wish to share your Personal Information with AHASA, please do not submit CV’s, create profiles or apply for vacancies on our Platforms.
We may also infer certain information about you from your job search history, job alerts and application history.
We collect Personal Information about you from:
- Our Platforms;
- Publicly available information, such as information on your social media accounts; and
- Other tools and applications.
What Personal Information do we collect
The Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General Personal Information that can directly or indirectly identify you such as your name, address, contact details, gender, marital status, date and place of birth, and photos.
- Sensitive Personal Information (if provided) such as religious beliefs, political affiliations, union membership, sexuality and health information, race (for Employment Equity reporting purposes) and criminal records.
- Personal Information required in order to provide the service of applying for jobs such as age, location, driver’s license, educational history and employment history.
- Your marketing preferences, including opt in for job alert emails, suggested jobs, competition entries, customer service surveys and third party promotions.
- Aggregate statistical information relating to site visits, as well as other lawful uses such as job and salary trends. We provide the non-identifiable aggregate statistics to our customers, advertisers and other third parties.
- Publicly available information that relates to your educational and employment history which includes, but is not limited to, skills and experience, professional body affiliations, memberships and affiliations as well as qualifications.
Why and when do we collect your information
- When we need to fulfil our contract with you
- As part of our role as AHASA, we have a contract with you to fulfil certain functions, such as to send your CV to the relevant AHASA Member when you apply for a specific job.
AHASA Processes your Personal Information with your explicit consent. By using our Platforms, you explicitly consent to us sharing your Personal Information with the specific AHASA Member, as indicated in clause 9 below. We also rely on your opt-in or consent when we send you AHASA or third party promotional material in the form of newsletters or notifications. It is your right to withdraw consent at any time, and where consent is legally required in order to Process, we will cease to Process your Personal Information once consent is withdrawn.
Where there is a legitimate interest
AHASA Processes your Personal Information when it is in our legitimate interest to do so, and when our legitimate interest does not override your rights to Personal Information privacy rights.
These legitimate interests include:
- Ensuring that our Platforms and services operate effectively;
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our services and Platforms;
- Providing goods and services to our Members;
- Marketing, promoting and advertising our products and services;
- Protecting and maintaining the safety, health and welfare of our employees, customers and other individuals;
- Compliance with legal or regulatory requirements e.g. for preventing, investigating or detecting criminal activity;
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, trends, needs, activities and preferences;
- Improving our existing services and products and developing new products, features and services;
- Handling customers queries, complaints and disputes; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
How do we use your personal information
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our organisational activities and services;
- To provide you with the services offered through our Platforms;
- Update you on important information such as changes to our policies, terms and conditions, updates to our Platforms and other administrative information;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including, but not limited to industry trends and satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you, which may include information about products and services from selected third-party partners. This is done in accordance with your marketing preferences and you unsubscribe at any time by contacting AHASA or by unsubscribing from these mails when received;
- Personalise your AHASA experience on our Platforms by presenting job opportunities, course suggestions, advertisements and other group products and services that are tailored to you;
- Send your CV or AHASA profile against any job that you apply for in order to evaluate suitability for the role and highlight the most relevant applications. All applications are delivered and presented to recruiters irrespective of the matching score;
- Manage our business operations, and infrastructure, compliance with our AHASA policies and procedures, including, but not restricted to auditing; finance and accounting; collections and billing; IT systems; hosting of data and websites; and records, document and print management;
- Resolution of complaints, and compliance with data access or data correction requests;
- Compliance with applicable South African laws; compliance with legal processes and responses to requests for information from government and public authorities; and
- Establishment and defence of legal rights protecting the operations, our rights, privacy, safety or property of AHASA, our Members or our Network Partners, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Who do we share you information with
- AHASA Members:
The primary function of the AHASA Job Board is to assist you to find and apply for jobs. When applying for a job directly on our Platforms we may make Personal Information available to the Specific AHASA Member that placed the advertisement. This is done to fulfil our contract with you. AHASA Members may also have access to your profile on their Individual AHASA Candidate Database in order to source candidates. You can delete your profile from any of our databases by contacting AHASA at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your current employer may have access to the data that you submit to them on the AHASA Platform, such as their CV database and could under these circumstances access your profile and Personal Information online.
- Service Providers:
We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers such as IT systems, support and hosting providers, advertising and marketing agencies, cloud-based document storage providers, technical engineers, outsourced services providers and professional services such as accountants, auditors, lawyers and other professional services providers who assist us in carrying out our business activities.
- Other third parties
On occasion, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. This will always be shared under contract and in accordance with your consent, instructions and privacy policies.
- Government Authorities and third parties involved in court action:
Where required by law, AHASA may share Personal Information with government or public authorities, and other third-party participants in civil legal processes where we deem to be legally necessary or appropriate to apply to applicable law; comply with a legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities; to enforce our terms and conditions; to protect the operations of our Group Companies; to protect our or our Group Companies rights, privacy, safety or property; or to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How we make your information secure
AHASA is committed to keeping your Personal Information safe and secure to prevent unauthorised access, destruction alteration or disclosure of the Personal Information that we store.
Some of the security measures include:
- Restriction of access to Personal Information by AHASA, AHASA Members, contractors, agents and third party service providers, except when access to the Personal Information is required to process on our behalf. All access given is subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations;
- Training for employees and internal policies stipulating our data security rules; and
- Reviewing of our data collection practices, including information collection, access and physical security measures.
Privacy and Third Parties
These Terms do not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy policies, practices and security standards of AHASA Members that we share your Personal Information with. Although we have agreements in place with AHASA Members who use AHASA to recruit staff which stipulate that they may only use the service and Personal Information provided to them for the purposes of recruitment, we cannot control their use of the Personal Information provided to them during the course of receiving our services.
Our contracts with AHASA Members stipulate that they not use Personal Information for any reason other than to find a job, but we cannot restrict the AHASA Members who have access to the information in our database due to your application to any of our Member’s vacancies; and AHASA cannot be held responsible for misuse.
AHASA has no control of, and cannot be held responsible for any Personal Information that is shared with third parties or on a third party website or app, even if the job was found on our Platforms.
Please take precautions when sending your CV directly to email addresses, particularly if the email domain does not belong to the hiring company, or if the email belongs to a public email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail.
You may vet the legitimacy of a AHASA Member using the AHASA Members List on the AHASA Website or by Contacting AHASA at email@example.com before providing any Personal Information.
Your information and marketing and advertising
AHASA partners with third party advertising networks (Such as but not limited to Google and Facebook) so that we and other advertisers can display engaging and relevant advertising on our Platforms, as well other sites that you visit in order to display the most relevant advertising.
These ad network providers do not store any Personal Information that may identify you. They may, however, anonymously track your behaviour and Internet usage across other networks and sites outside of the AHASA.
What are your rights regarding your information
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications we may send you;
- The right to ask what Personal Information we hold about you and request a copy of this information;
- The right to ask us to update or correct any Personal Information that is out of date; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact the Information Officer using the contact details below.
How can you manage your information
When available, you will be able to create a profile Platforms, where your information is protected by a password and can only be accessed by you. You can edit, update or delete the content and consents on your profile by accessing your account at any time by logging in with your AHASA account username and password. Your privacy is important. Never share your AHASA password or login credentials with anyone, and if you use a shared computer remember to log off when you have finished visiting our Platforms.
When you submit an application for a vacancy or create a profile on our Platforms, your CV can be viewed by the specific AHASA Member you have applied to. This is the default privacy setting. When available, you may update who has access to search your CV through AHASA by managing your privacy settings in the “My Account” section.
When you apply for a job, your CV is shared with the advertiser of the job, irrespective of the CV visibility privacy settings, and is in line with our contract with you.
When you visit our Platforms, we collect and store some anonymous information for statistical and research purposes.
AHASA reserves the right to remove or hide profiles from our database where the content is deemed to be illegal, offensive or an inaccurate representation.
When available, you can elect to delete or hide your profile completely from the AHASA platform at any time by accessing the “My Account” section. If you would like to permanently delete your profile or be forgotten, please send an email to the Information Officer listed below. Remember to tell us who you are.
How to Contact the information Officer
AHASA has a designated Information Officer who is responsible for the protection of Personal Information.
You can send us any queries regarding these Terms or our use of your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with our resolution of your complaint, you have the right to refer it to the Information Regulator, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in South Africa.
General enquiries email: email@example.com
Complaints email: POPIAComplaints@inforegulator.org.za
AHASA Cookies Policy
Cookies Policy Content:
The purpose of this policy is to describe what cookies are, what we use them for, and how you can manage them during your visit to or use of our websites.
Cookies provide several useful functions to you, including:
- granting you access to restricted content
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location, or device type
- improving our website performance
- understanding who our audience is so that we can provide content most relevantto you
- allowing third parties to provideservices to our website; and
- helping us deliverinterest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
We use different types of cookies on our websites. Some cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by third parties, including but not limited to suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount of time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
We use the following cookies:
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are normally set in response to actions made by you, amounting to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging-in or completing forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but please note that parts of the website may no longer function correctly.
Note: These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors navigate the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, the site will not be performance optimised for your use.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
Note: These cookies do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will receive less tailored advertising to your interests.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can modify your settings to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually, however, please note that our website requires cookies to function properly and by removing them the site may no longer be useable. You can read how to delete cookies at https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/
We may occasionally make changes to this policy. When we make material changes to this policy, we will provide you with a prominent notice on our website or send you an email.