Our primary objectives are to:
- Build strong relationships with other credible organisations.
- Receive recognition from prominent institutions.
- Be of service to healthcare professionals, healthcare sectors and more specifically healthcare agencies in S.A.
- Ensure compliance throughout its membership, see membership requirements checklist.
- Serve as an ethical facilitator between member agencies, institutions and personnel.
- Be self-governing through appropriate partnerships with relevant statutory bodies, with our Affiliations.
- Improve South African healthcare standards with CAPES (Confederation of Associations in the Private Employment Sector) Membership, www.capes.org.za.
- Assist in the development of skilled and professional healthcare staff.
- Effectively market AHASA membership, see our members.
The vision of AHASA is to be the Association to which nursing agencies in South Africa who are members conduct their business in a professional and ethical way, thereby ensuring excellent service to all their clients, commensurate with the interest of the business stakeholders.
AHASA strives to be an Association representing member agencies who consistently maintain high ethical and professional standards, thereby ensuring that the acronym AHASA is synonymous with quality care rendered by all its members.
The Constitution of AHASA provides member agencies with the aims and objectives of AHASA, criteria for membership, legislative requirements with regard to agency management and the general modus operandi of the Association. Members of AHASA should know honour and abide by the Constitution, click here to download AHASA Constitution PDF.
Code of Ethics
AHASA is committed to ethical practices. The level of trust AHASA members seek, as we serve the health profession, means we have taken on a special obligation to operate ethically. We strive to be an Association representing member agencies who consistently maintain high ethical and professional standards, thereby ensuring that the acronym AHASA is synonymous with quality care rendered by all its members.
The value of member reputation depends on the ethical conduct of everyone affiliated with AHASA. Each of us sets an example for everyone else through our pursuit of excellence, guided by powerful standards of professionalism, performance and ethical conduct.
AHASA Code of Ethics has been formulated to provide prospective and existing agencies with guidelines on good business governance for agencies enjoying membership of AHASA. The AHASA Code of Ethics should be read and adhered to in conjunction with the AHASA Constitution and the Agency’s own Policies and Procedures. Each member is required to sign the Code of Ethics Pledge on acceptance of membership.